Glass shower door cleaning is essential to taking care of the entire bathroom. Over time, grime, mold, mildew, soap scum, and hard water can accumulate in your bathroom, making it look untidy. The best glass shower door cleaners will clean them off nicely and effectively.
Rejuvenate Scrub Free Soap Scum Remover, Ecos Bathroom Cleaner, and Better Life Naturally Smudge-Smacking Glass Cleaner are some of the best. These glass shower door cleaners will do the job effectively, whether sprays, sponges, or water-repelling treatments.
These cleaners are bleach-free, non-abrasive, and can be used to clean different surfaces, including soap scum and hard water. For more information about shower door cleaners, keep reading.
Top Glass Shower Cleaner
Below are the best glass cleaners you can get to keep your glass shower and your entire bathroom clean and fresh.
1. Rejuvenate No Scrub Soap Scum Remover
If you need a shower to clean soap scum, Rejuvenate No Scrub Soap Scum Remover is your best pick. This cleaner is powerful, versatile, and easy to use regularly. With Rejuvenate, any scum on your glass shower will be taken care of, and you can also use it to clean other surfaces in your bathroom.
Rejuvenate No Scrub Soap Scum Remover is an award-winning cleaner. It is non-abrasive, which means you can use it to wash any surface, including stone tile, ceramic tile, fiberglass, natural stone, plastic, chrome, porcelain, and glass. It is designed to take out and dissolve mineral build-ups quickly, leaving your glass shower clean and clear.
Rejuvenate No Scrub is the top of the list and people’s favorite cleaner because it’s easy to use. You won’t go through the stress of scrubbing; spray it on the glass and wipe it off. Within five minutes, you are done. You can use this cleaner if your glass carries a heavy-duty mess or if you want a cleaner that has fragrance.
2. CLR Multi-Use Calcium, Lime & Rust Remover
The CLR is one of the most affordable cleaners in the market, but the low price is not its only value. CLR can clean out soap scum, water spots, calcium, and lime from your glass shower and fiberglass. You can use this cleaner on plastic, ceramic tile, stainless steel, and porcelain, and you can also use it to clean any surface in your bathroom except stone counters.
The CLR cleaner has no ammonia, phosphates bleaches, and is approved by the EPA. It is not available in spray solutions. Mix it with warm water and apply it to the glass surface with a sponge, brush, or cloth. Do not mix CLR with another cleaner; only use it in a well-ventilated area.
CLR is not for you if you need an abrasive or chemical formula cleaner.
3. Ecos Bathroom Cleaner
Also called Ecos Shower Cleaner now has a new look with the usual cleaning formula for an outstanding rating from EWG. This cleaner is also EPA’s Safer Choice Certified because it is the most eco-friendly shower glass cleaner. Eco bathroom cleaner uses renewable energy and is created without dyes, parabens, phosphates, and other sharp and harsh substances.
Ecos is scented with tea tree oil and Aloe Vera, giving your shower the best scent. The cleaner is versatile and a powerful preventive to avoid cleaning. Note that Ecos Bathroom Cleaner is not for deep cleaning.
4. Better Life Naturally Smudge-Smacking Glass Cleaner
Better Life Is another eco-friendly shower glass cleaner on the list, specifically made to clean glass surfaces without stress. This shower glass cleaner can clean fingerprints, water spots, dirt, and greasy smudges on your glass surface, leaving the glass all shining.
Better Life Naturally Smudge-Smacking Glass Cleaner is easy to use. Just spray it on your glass and wipe it off with a dry cloth after some minutes. Better Life Glass Cleaner does not contain dye, sulfate, or synthetic fragrance, it is made from recyclable materials, and that’s why it is one of the best picks for any environmentally conscious person.
This cleaner is fragrance-free. If you don’t want too much fragrance in your bathroom, this cleaner is the best for you. The only issue with this cleaner is that some users complain that it doesn’t always clean the glass thoroughly as expected.
5. Hopes Perfect Glass 100% Streak-Free Glass Cleaner
Just as Better Life Cleaner users complained that the cleaner does not leave behind a shining glass surface after use, Hopes Perfect Glass Cleaner will blow your mind in this regard. It is a no-residue shower glass cleaner suitable for cleaning stains, smudges, and water spots from your shower glass.
Hopes Glass Cleaner is ammonia-free and can be used to clean different glass surfaces in the bathroom, including windows, mirrors, and so on.
Note that you can’t use it to clean non-glass surfaces, and it can’t clean mildew or mold. It’s the best for putting the finishing touches to your cleaning procedure. Additionally, this cleaner is affordable.
6. Bio-Clean Hard Water Stain Remover
Bio-Clean is an industrial-strength cleaner made to clean mineral deposits from hard water. You can buy a single bottle of the cleaner or the whole kit if your shower glass has too much stain. When you buy a kit, you will get three brushes that can be connected to an electric drill if you want to do intense scrubbing.
The kit also has a silicon sealant to prevent further staining. Whether you buy just a bottle or a kit, Bio-Clean Hard Water Stain Remover will remove stains resulting from rust, lime scale, mold, and mildew. Using this clearer requires some elbow grease. It is abrasive and biodegradable.
Note that you should not use this cleaner on soft surfaces or any object that pills easily.
7. Clean-X Repel Glass & Surface Cleaner
The Cleaner-X is a dual-purpose shower glass cleaner that takes soap scum cleaning to another level. It easily dissolves soap scum and coats the glass with a protective layer to prevent further stains from soap and water. It is a spray-and-wipe formula that’s easy to use, plus you won’t need to do any stressful scrubbing.
Make sure you wipe it thoroughly to get a clean and shining surface. You can use Clean-X on surfaces such as wall tiles and chrome fixtures. It has a chart scent and is easy to apply.
8. A-Maz Clean & Green Water Stain Remover
A-MAZ cleaner is the best if you have a septic system in your shower. It is a biodegradable formula that easily removes stains and water spots from your shower glass and bathroom door. It easily cleans out soap scum without damaging your glass, but do not use it on any surface that’s not glass or ceramic.
A-MAZ does not contain bleach or acids, and you can use it in places that are not ventilated. This cleaner is not in spray form; instead, it is available in a paste that you will apply to the surface before scrubbing with a pad.
9. Clean Shower Daily Shower Cleaner 2 Pack
Clean Shower is a daily shower glass cleaner designed to prevent water spots, lime scale, or soap scum. Once you apply it, you won’t need to wipe it away throughout that day. You can also use this cleaner to take care of the bathtub, tile, walls, and stubborn shower curtains.
Clean Shower Daily Shower Cleaner 2 Pack is the best for daily shower glass cleaning and light cleaning tasks. The downside of this cleaner is that it can’t clear old stains or grime and is expensive.
10. Clorox Plus Tilex Mold And Mildew Remover
Clorox is the best if you need a tough shower glass cleaner to remove mold and mildew. Some stains may be very stubborn; Clorox is the solution. It quickly dissolves mold, mildew, and bathroom bacteria such as staph, strep, and athlete’s foot fungus. You can use this cleaner on glass, grout, ceramic, plastic, and Vinyl surfaces.
To get the best from Clorox Plus Tilex Mold and Mildew Remover, spray till the surface is wet, wait for a few minutes, then rinse. You will need to do a bit of scrubbing, and it can whiten tile and grout. Clorox contains bleach, meaning you need to be careful not to add it to another chemical that contains ammonia.
How Can I Make My Shower Door Clear Again?
Shower doors are there to create beauty and style; however, as you bathe, water droplets, soap scum, and body soil stain the door. If the shower door is not looking clear and sparkling, your bathroom is not clean. How do you make your shower door clean again? First of all, you will need the following;
- Purified water
- Lemon juice
- Distilled white vinegar
- Baking soda
- Old washcloth
- Dishwashing liquid
- Paper towel
- Glass bowl
To clean your shower door with vinegar,
- Mix two parts of pure white vinegar and two parts of purified water in a spray bottle, then add ¼ dishwashing liquid to ensure the solution stays on the glass.
- Spray the glass with the solution, wait for some time, and wipe it away with a non-abrasive sponge.
- Rinse the door and dry it with a lint-free towel.
If you are using lemon juice to clean the shower door, lemon juice contains citric acid and is suitable for daily cleaning. Follow these steps ;
- Mix an equal amount of lemon juice with distilled water, and add ¼ teaspoon of dishwashing liquid.
- Spray the solution on the shower door and wait for five minutes, then wipe it off with a sponge or squeegee.
- Finally, rinse the solution on the glass and let it dry.
How Do Professionals Clean Glass Shower Doors?
Hard water and soap scum accumulate on your shower door every time you use the shower, but you don’t need to worry because there is a professional way of cleaning these build-ups;
- First, professionals wet the shower glass, add ½ cup of white vinegar to the surface, wait for 10 minutes then scrub carefully with a toothbrush.
- Then they put a scrub sponge into a baking soda (working as an abrasive), the vinegar dissolves the soap scum and water spots, scrub the area, and use water to rinse it.
- They rinse the door and allow it to dry.
Tips To Remove Long-Time Water Stain
If you don’t have the habit of cleaning your shower glass regularly, soap scum and water spots may be very difficult to clean. You can start by cleaning with vinegar or lemon juice, then use gentle abrasives or other effective cleaning products. You can use one or both methods to get the desired result.
- You can clean with lemon, put half of the lemon inside baking soda, carefully scrub the surface, and dry with a lint-free cloth.
- Warm and undiluted pure white vinegar, add ¼ teaspoon dishwashing liquid, pour the warm vinegar inside a spray bottle, and apply it to the shower door with a sponge. Wait 10 minutes, put a sponge inside the baking soda, carefully scrub the shower door, rinse, and let it dry.
- You can also use household ammonia to clean water stains.
How To Ensure Clean Shower Doors Always
- Even if you don’t use a cleaner, make it a habit to squeegee or dry shower doors with a lint-free towel after every shower.
- Make sure you always have a mixture of cleaning solutions in your shower.
- If you use hard water, install a water-softening system in your home.
- A Liquid body wash does not give out soap scum or water stains like bar soap. Choose liquid body wash.
How To Clean Shower Door Tracks
Every soap scum and dirt that slides down the shower glass accumulates in the door track. To clean them, follow these steps;
- Plug the drain hole with a paper towel or soft washcloth
- Pour undiluted vinegar into the track and leave it there overnight.
- The vinegar would have dissolved the soap scum, unplug the track hole and scrub the soap scum and dirt with a toothbrush.
- Use clean water to rinse the surface, scrub with a brush with vinegar, then rinse and dry it with a microfiber towel.
If you want to do effective shower door cleaning, choosing one of the best glass shower door cleaners listed above is the starting point. Follow each step carefully, and your shower glass door will become clean and sparkling again.